- Mantel Shelves › Durango Fireplace Mantel Shelf
Durango Fireplace Mantel Shelf
Choose Your Length*
Please select before adding to cart.
Choose Your Finish/Color*
Please select before adding to cart.
Ships: 2-3 WEEKS
Delivers: 3-4 WEEKS
Interested in professional installation?
- Crafted from Knotty Alder Wood
- Heavy distressing with splits & grooves for a hand-hewn appearance
- Available in 5 finishes
- Individually crafted to give a unique rustic look, so no two are the same
This impressive looking shelf is available in 36", 48", 60" & 72" sizes, accommodating virtually any installation. Choose from 6 beautiful finish options: Aged Oak, Dark Chocolate, Ash Gray, Unfinished, Mahogany, and, Midnight Black.
Wall Mounted Mantel Shelf – Suggested Installation Instructions
Important: wood mantels are considered a combustible material, so heat clearances must be adhered to. Before installing, check your local building codes and the manufacturer's instructions for your specific fireplace insert or stove.
- 1 - Mantel shelf
- 1 - Hanger board (narrow unfinished board)
- 4 - Short screws
- 3 - Long screws (these screws are only for attaching to wall studs - NOT brick or drywall)
Minimum tools required:
- Pencil or pen
- Tape measure
- Phillips screwdriver
Optional tools (not required, but may be helpful):
- Stud finder
- Phillips drill bit
- 1/16" drill bit
Determine location and measure
First, measure the width of your mantel shelf (should be 36”, 48”, 60” or 72”)
Using a pencil, mark on the wall where you would like the left and right side of your mantel shelf to be.
Within those marks, locate 3 studs (2x4 boards) inside the wall you will be mounting to. If you can only find 2 studs that will suffice, but 3 studs is recommended. For 36” mantels, 2 studs is sufficient.
After locating the studs, make a pencil mark on the center of each stud located ¾” below the desired location of the top surface of the mantel shelf (see image).
Use a level or tape measure to check that wall marks are at the same height.
Then make corresponding pencil marks on the hanger board, such that the hanger board will be centered above your fireplace (or desired location).
Attach the hanger board to the wall
Using a Phillips screwdriver (or drill), attach the long screws directly into the marks you made on the hanger board.
Optional: If you have a drill, you may first pre-drill holes in the hanger board prior to attaching to the wall with screws.
After the long screws are securely in the hanger board, hold the hanger board up to the wall aligned with the marks you previously made. Drive the long screws completely into the studs, until the head of the long screws is flush with the surface of the hanger board.
Mount the mantel shelf to the hanger board (this step is easiest with 2 people)
Locate the pre-drilled holes on the top surface of the mantel shelf
Hang the mantel shelf on the hanger board so that the pre-drilled holes are facing up, and so that the back of the mantel shelf is tight against the wall (a second person is helpful to maintain pressure against the wall). Depending on the size of your mantel shelf, you may be able to adjust the mantel left or right as desired.
Final step: using a Phillips screwdriver (or drill), drive the small screws straight down through the pre-drilled holes in the top surface of the mantel shelf.
This item is eligible for FREE SHIPPING (Regular Delivery) in the contiguous U.S. (If your destination is different please contact us at 1.888.493.8898 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Regular, FREE delivery
Select options above for detailed shipping information.
We offer free shipping with curbside delivery to destinations in the lower 48 US states on every item we sell. All other locations will be quoted. You will be advised at the time of your order if a "White Glove" delivery is required.
As defined by the trucking industry, Home Delivery means "curbside delivery" in a residential area. You may need assistance to move the package indoors or you might unbox the shipment and carry each piece inside individually. While some drivers may assist in getting a shipment into a garage or carport, it is not a standard level of service with "curbside delivery."
"White Glove" Delivery Upgrade
- "Threshold" delivery - Freight carrier will carry items to a ground-floor threshold such a main entry or garage (no stairs) and less than 200 lbs.
- "Room of Choice" or "White Glove"" delivery - A special delivery service will bring your items to the room you specify, including up to 10 steps. No unpacking, debris removal, assembly or setup. All deliveries over 200 lbs. will be quoted prior to processing order.
- All upgraded delivery options must be added prior to processing order.
- Interested? Contact one of our mantel specialists at 888.493.8898 to get a quote.
Receiving Your Shipment
We are committed to making sure you are satisfied with our products. Your order is inspected prior to shipment to ensure all items are in excellent condition before they leave our facilities. Although our products are packaged securely to prevent any damage it’s possible that in rare cases, damages may occur during shipment.
Before signing for the shipment inspect the carton. The most important thing to remember about truck freight is that when you sign for the delivery you are legally accepting the product as delivered in good condition. Therefore, it is extremely important that you inspect the product prior to signing the delivery receipt. If there is damage to the carton or the product, please write "CONTENTS DAMAGED" clearly on the delivery receipt that the driver is asking you to sign, then sign. This insures that your damage issue will be easily resolved.
If your package has tears, rips or is otherwise in poor condition, open the package and inspect the contents. You may need one of the following on hand to help open the carton: knife, hammer, pry bar or wire cutters. Should you notice any damage, please note it on the delivery receipt and contact us immediately.
If your package/item is damaged, you can start the damage claim process by completing this form.
NOTE: We cannot be held responsible for the cost of repairs or replacement of damaged items if there is no notation on the Freight Delivery Receipt. Contact us within 24 hours to initiate a damage claim.
Traditional Wood Mantels and Shelves
- All standard and custom size wood mantels and shelves are made to order and ship in 1-3 weeks. Shortly after placing your order, you will receive an email with an estimated ship date. For all custom size orders, an additional confirmation is required. After we receive your order, an e-mail with specific dimensions of the mantel or shelf will be sent. We require an approval response to this email before releasing your order for production.
- All full fireplace mantels ship via freight carrier at no additional charge within the lower 48 US states (all other locations will be quoted), if delivered to a commercial business address or if the item is picked up at your local freight terminal.
- Transit time varies between 2 and 5 days depending upon your location in the US. Canada delivers may take an additional 2 – 4 days. You will receive an email at time of shipment with tracking information.
- Most mantel shelves under 84" in length will be shipped via FedEx Ground Service at no additional charge within the lower 48 US states (all other locations will be quoted). While most shelves larger than 84" will be shipped via freight line.
- Please check the cartons when they are delivered. Should your item be damaged, carefully document it on the delivery receipt and contact us immediately.
Important Notes Regarding Item Shipment
- Please contact us with any questions regarding shipment of your item
- If you wish to return a standard item (custom or previously installed items are not returnable), please send an email to email@example.com within 30 days of delivery for a return authorization. The item must be returned in sellable condition in original packaging, freight pre-paid.